What's In the Box?
About the Weekly Local Produce Box
-For $25, customers can purchase a share of local produce from our network of farmers in Louisiana & southern Mississippi. The produce in the box is a mix of naturally (organic methods, but not certified), conventionally, and (occasionally) certified organic fruits & vegetables.
-If you are coming to the market, no reservations/subscriptions are necessary. Just stop by the market any day (hours are Sat.-Sun 8am-5pm, Mon.- Fri. 10am-7pm) and pick up a weekly local produce box! (Boxes are not available on Fridays, when we offer sales throughout the store.)
We do not have boxes on Friday (by choice) and we occasionally run out of boxes on Monday. To check availability on Mondays, head on over to our facebook page. We post every Monday morning to alert you to shortages or substitutions of the box.
The Box for Tuesday, February 3rd through Thursday, March 5th.*
- Rutabaga (Good Change Farm, Lafourche, LA)
- Broccoli OR Cauliflower (Glaser's Produce, New Roads, LA)
- Tangelo (Schwars Citrus, Braithwaite, LA)
- Ruby Red Grapefruit (Schwars Citrus, Braithwaite, LA)
- Tomatoes (Cajun Growers, Cutt Off, LA; Tomott's Cajun Farm, Larose, LA)
- Green Onions (Pointe Coupee Minority Growers' Co-op, Bachelor, LA; Fekete Farm, Hungarian Settlement, LA)
- Mustards (Fekete Farm, Hungarian Settlement, LA)
- Strawberries (Johndale's Strawberry Farm, Ponchatoula, LA)
- Sweet Potatoes (Pointe Coupee Minority Growers' Co-op, Bachelor, LA)
- Herbs OR Plant Start (Hollygrove Farm Community Growers, New Orleans, LA; Grow Your Own, New Orleans, LA)