What's In the Box?
About the Weekly Local Produce Box
-For $25, customers can purchase a share of local produce from our network of farmers in Louisiana & southern Mississippi. The produce in the box is a mix of naturally (organic methods, but not certified), conventionally, and (occasionally) certified organic fruits & vegetables.
-If you are coming to the market, no reservations/subscriptions are necessary. Just stop by the market any day (hours are Sat.-Sun 8am-5pm, Mon.- Fri. 10am-7pm) and pick up a weekly local produce box! (Boxes are not available on Fridays, when we offer sales throughout the store.)
We do not have boxes on Friday (by choice) and we occasionally run out of boxes on Monday. To check availability on Mondays, head on over to our facebook page. We post every Monday morning to alert you to shortages or substitutions of the box.
The Box for Tuesday, January 27th through Thursday, January 29th.*
- Broccoli (Various Farmers)
- Rainbow Carrots (Covey Rise Farm, Husser, LA)
- Collards (Various Farmers)
- Navel Orange (John Vogt Farm, Plaquemines, LA)
- Blood Orange (Isabelle's Orange Orchard, New Orleans, LA)
- Green Onions (Fekete Farm, Hungarian Settlement, LA; Pointe Coupee Minority Growers' Co-op, Bachelor, LA)
- Popcorn Rice (Campbell Farms, Gueydan, LA)
- Turnip Roots (Glaser's Produce, New Roads, LA)
- White Grapefruit (M.J. Barrios Citrus, Belle Chasse, LA)
- Beauregard Sweet Potatoes (Up To Grow Good, Cottonport, LA)