What's In the Box?
About the Weekly Local Produce Box
-For $25, customers can purchase a share of local produce from our network of farmers in Louisiana & southern Mississippi. The produce in the box is a mix of naturally (organic methods, but not certified), conventionally, and (occasionally) certified organic fruits & vegetables.
-If you are coming to the market, no reservations/subscriptions are necessary. Just stop by the market on any of our days (Sat.-Sun 10am-5pm, Mon.- Fri. 10am-7pm) and pick up a weekly local produce box!
We do not have boxes on Friday (by choice) and we occasionally run out of boxes on Monday. To check availability on Mondays, head on over to our facebook page. We post every Monday morning to alert you to shortages or substitutions of the box.
The Box for Saturday, August 30th through Monday, September 1st!*
- Red Oak Leaf Lettuce (Salad Days Farm, Flora, MS)
- Naturally Grown Arugula (OSBG Farm, New Orleans, LA; Parish Produce, St. Bernard Parish, LA)
- Sweet Potatoes (Donna's Produce, Florence, MS)
- Mustard Greens (Glaser's Produce, New Roads, LA)
- Okra (Glaser's Produce, New Roads, LA)
- Mini Cukes (St. Bethany Fresh, Pontotoc, MS)
- Peaches (Donna's Produce, Florence, MS)
- Fuji Apples (Cherry Creek Orchard, Pontotoc, MS)
- Yellow OR Zucchini Squash (La Rose Freshest Produce, Byram, MS)
- Naturally Grown Shiitake Mushrooms (MSNP, New Hebron, MS)
- Jumbo Green Peanuts (Donna's Produce, Florence, MS)
- Sweet Banana Peppers (Pointe Coupee Minority Growers' Co-Op, Bachelor, LA)